From Jason Novotny <novo...@aei.mpg.de>
Subject Re: using wsrp in portlet based portal
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:12:19 GMT

Hi Julie,

    Thanks very much for your clarifications. I suppose with GridSphere
we would like to be a consumer so I imagine I would have to look at the
sample consumer code you have (the Swing client) to see how thats done.
Not knowing too much about the technical details, I assume I would
create a special portlet on our side that uses the sample consumer code
to act as a proxy for the remote portlets-- does this sound right?
    I'm also interested in what is the minimum work needed to show
integration. For instance is there a demo WSRP deployment somewhere
providing services I can invoke to get portlet markup, etc to display as
a sample for our project? Who else is using WSRP4J now anyway?

    Thanks, Jason