portals-pluto-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Pluto doesn't support character encoding !!
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2013 17:21:33 GMT
I would :

 

1)Test with other DBCS based languages Cyrillic, Arabic, Hebrew, Mandarin

If all tests pass refactored  

org.apache.pluto.util.PrintWriterServletOutputStream


2)run it thru Struts portlet archetype


- change directory to where the portlet template is to be created,
  for example, a 'projects' directory (which you may need to create):  
     cd /home/projects
  
- run the following command to generate the sample PORTLET TEMPLATE assuming :-
    - root java package -> com.myCompany.myPortlet

    - the portlet war name   ->  myWebApp

 

--create the Portlet Project
  mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.myCompany.myPortlet \
                       -DartifactId=myWebApp \
                       -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts \
                       -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-portlet \
                       -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.9-SNAPSHOT \
                       -DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository

 

- to compile, execute
  mvn compile


- to run test cases execute
  mvn test

 

/*- to clean execute */
/*  mvn clean */

 

- to package execute 
  mvn package

 

- to start it with jetty execute as a servlet
  mvn jetty:run
I wouldnt realistically expect any of this to be done before the New Year but if you could
verify you can 
create template

create Portlet Project
build with out errors or warnings
run thru aforementioned test cases
package

deploy to jetty
test on jetty


Then you'll have a 100% tested Pluto Portal Refactoring

 

Thanks!
Martin --

  





Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:25:49 +0530
Subject: Pluto doesn't support character encoding !!
From: amitatgroups@gmail.com
To: pluto-user@portals.apache.org



Hi Pluto Team,
 
Background: 

           We are developing an application using Pluto v1.0.7 with Struts v2.0.9 MVC.
 
Problem Description: 
Adding a business name with Greek characters ‘Αυτόείναιμιαδοκιμή’ is
rendered as ‘Αυτόείναιμιαδοκιμή’

 

Root Cause:

Our Portlet is executing in render phase and we found that it doesn’t supports the character
set encoding option. Other Portlet execution (like ‘event phase’ & ‘regular servlet
result’) do support character set encoding. Portlet those are executing in render phase
uses ‘RenderResponse’ (RenderResponseImpl) object which implicitly uses PrintWriterServletOutputStream
object which don’t consider character set encoding specified with the configuration.

 

Solution: 

To get the expected result we have modified ‘org.apache.pluto.util.PrintWriterServletOutputStream’
as below, reference:

 
public void write(byte[] pBuf, int pOffset, int pLength)
    throws IOException {
    String strValue = null;
    if(characterEncoding != null && !"".equals(characterEncoding)) {
       strValue = new String(pBuf, pOffset, pLength, characterEncoding);           
    }
    if(strValue == null) {
        strValue = new String(pBuf, pOffset, pLength);
    }
    mPrintWriter.write(strValue);
}

 

PS: 
Below are the list of configuration which we used to specify the character set encoding which
don’t help us hence we modified the PrintWriterServletOutputStream class to support specified
character sets. See the attachment for the same suggestion.
 		 	   		  
Mime
View raw message