portals-pluto-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Chow" <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Pluto2: Cannot retrieve attribute from doView that set in processAction!
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 01:17:54 GMT
I donwloaded the pluto-trunk and test the pluto2 driver.

I also tried to write a simple portlet as following:

public void doView(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response)
		throws PortletException, IOException {

	System.out.println("doView: "  + request.getParameter("name"));
	System.out.println("doView-attr: "  + request.getAttribute("name"));

	response.setContentType("text/html");
     PortletContext context = getPortletContext();
     PortletRequestDispatcher requestDispatcher =
context.getRequestDispatcher(VIEW_PAGE);
     requestDispatcher.include(request, response);

}

public void processAction(ActionRequest request, ActionResponse response)
		throws PortletException, IOException {

	String name = request.getParameter("name");

	response.setRenderParameters(request.getParameterMap());

	request.setAttribute("name", name);

	System.out.println("processAction: " + name);
}

In the processAction method, I set an attribute "name", but it can't
retrieve in doView. Is it a bug?

Best regards,
Eric