portals-pluto-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: pluto and jboss 3-2.5
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:26:59 GMT
Not sure if an earlier reply got lost or modded away.

scott wrote:

 > Any ideas.  I'm not sure if it is jboss or pluto that is causing my
problems.

I ran into this as well last week and the problem seems to stem from
PortletDefinitionRegistryServiceFileImpl.resolveURI which expects the
web module to be prefixed with "tmp...". JBoss does not always do this.

I hacked this to return the hard-coded name of our portlet WAR but
that's not a good solution :)

I believe the approach in this impl is flawed - it is based on the
assumption that the app server will expand the WAR in a certain way and
that is not always true (as seen by the original attempt to fix it). I
think a better solution might be to simply include the context path to
use in the portletentityregistry definition - a little more work during
configuration but a lot more portable. I've been intending on working up
a patch along those lines but haven't got around to it - I will try and
do so over the weekend.

In the mean time, you might want to see if you can tweak that function
to return the right value for your installation.

--
Jeremy
jboynes@apache.org