portals-pluto-user mailing list archives

From "Weaver, Scott" <Swea...@rippe.com>
Subject RE: Production quality
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:01:54 GMT
Hi Mete,

Pooling and caching is the domain of the portal and not the container.  I am
pretty sure the test portal in Pluto does not support pooling, as for
caching I am not 100% sure.

I really don't think pooling of portlets is needed.  The spec indicates
there should be only one instance of a specific portlet's class per vm, just
like servlets.  Maybe if you can give an example of were pooling would
increase performance, please do so as we may have missed something.

| Scott T Weaver                 |
| <weaver@apache.org>            |
| Apache Jetspeed Portal Project |
| Apache Pluto Portlet Container |