portals-pluto-user mailing list archives

From "Weaver, Scott" <Swea...@rippe.com>
Subject RE: Production quality
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:01:54 GMT
Hi Mete,

Pooling and caching is the domain of the portal and not the container.  I am
pretty sure the test portal in Pluto does not support pooling, as for
caching I am not 100% sure.

I really don't think pooling of portlets is needed.  The spec indicates
there should be only one instance of a specific portlet's class per vm, just
like servlets.  Maybe if you can give an example of were pooling would
increase performance, please do so as we may have missed something.

Regards,
| Scott T Weaver                 |
| <weaver@apache.org>            |
| Apache Jetspeed Portal Project |