portals-pluto-user mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: Cross Context Sessions & Pluto
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:08:49 GMT
At 08:34 AM 12/30/2003, David Sean Taylor wrote:

>On Monday, December 29, 2003, at 06:11  AM, Tony Field wrote:
>
>>We're actually doing it with WebLogic, and it seems to work fine.  Our
>>portlet also pops up windows that are servlets, and once we made sure we
>>were getting session attributes out of the right scope, it worked fine.
>Thats interesting. Does Weblogic support cross context dispatching also
>(which Pluto requires), something like this:
>
>ServletContext appContext = myContext.getContext("/anotherWebapp");
>appContext.getRequestDispatcher("/someservletOnAnotherWebapp");

Do you really have to use sessions ? Otherwise it might be simpler with
request attributes, such as :

request.setAttribute("myAttributeName", myAttributeObject)

You could also copy object between sessions located in different contexts
using this method, but you would have to do the code for the copying
yourself, and the object types would have to be limited to instance of
classes which are available in both class loaders (such as java.lang.String
for example).

Regards,
   Serge Huber.

- -- --- -----=[ shuber2 at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -