portals-pluto-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Scott Nicklous <Scott.Nickl...@de.ibm.com>
Subject TCK Framework Prototype
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 13:53:07 GMT

(I actually meant to post this on the pluto-dev list a few days ago when I
posted the tck prototype, but got sidetracked ... sorry.)

I added a TCK framework prototype on the github portletspec3 master branch,
see:
https://github.com/msnicklous/portletspec3/tree/master/portlet-tck_3.0

The "README.txt" file provides an overview and explains how the TCK can be
used.

Note that although some tests are provided, they exist only to test /
demonstrate the framework. The "real" TCK tests still need to be defined
and implemented.

Features:

* The test modules define their own test cases, which will hopefully make
it easy to add additional tests
* The test portlets implement the code that actually exercises the portlet
API.
* The build process aggregates the test cases from all of the test modules
into a single test case list
* The build process produces an aggregated test page file (in Pluto format,
pluto-portal-driver-config.xml)  containing page & portlet definitions for
all tests
* It's possible to have a single portlet or multiple portlets on a test
page
* A test portlet can implement multiple tests
* The test process is driven by maven, which executes a Selenium 2 based
Junit test case to drive the tests
* For each test case, the driver performs the following sequence:
   * Accesses the portal page defined for the test
   * Performs a login if necessary
   * Checks if a link for the test case is available on the page. If so,
the driver clicks the link and waits for the resulting page to load
   * Checks for the test results displayed on the page and records
success / failure
* It would be fairly easy to add form submission as well, if we need it

Anyway, have a look and see what you think.

regards,
Scott