portals-pluto-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Scott Nicklous <Scott.Nickl...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Fw: Portlet Specification 3.0 Membership Proposal
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 11:12:56 GMT

Hi Andrew,

Sorry it took so long for me to respond - I was on vacation (with no
computer in a small town off the beaten tourist track in wine country on
the French Riviera ... highly recommended!) and was also busy taking care
of some IBM-internal business.

Thanks for your interest - I am very happy that you want to help us make
portlets better!

If you want to become a formal member of the JSR 362 EG, you will need to
submit a nomination form at:
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/egnom .

The nomination will need to be voted on by the JCP Executive Committee,
which has certain criteria that you will need to meet. I am not exactly
sure as to EC meeting schedules and agenda, so it might take a little while
for your nomination to be approved.

Just for reference -

Everybody can follow the deliberations of the JSR 362 EG at our project web
site:
https://java.net/projects/portletspec3

There you can sign up for the mailing lists, browse our meeting minutes and
other material in the Wiki, and download various documents concerning the
new spec.

The EG has a mode of operation that calls for individual topics of
discussion to be documented in the issue tracker, which is located here:
https://java.net/jira/browse/PORTLETSPEC3

You can read the issues to stay informed about what's going on, and can
also contribute to the discussion by commenting on the issues, even without
being a formal EG member.

And finally, The current, work-in-progress Portlet 3.0 API API code and
documentation is being hosted on Github, here:
https://github.com/msnicklous/portletspec3
http://msnicklous.github.io/portletspec3/

If you haven't had a look yet, please do. The change history documents all
changes that have been made so far, and provides references to (proposed)
updated spec material as well. I would encourage everybody to have a look
and provide feedback. I should note that the items referenced in the change
history have all been discussed by the EG, but they still may be subject to
change if new information or proposals come up.

regards,
Scott

Andrew Petro <andrew.w.petro@gmail.com> wrote on 24.09.2013 19:16:31:

> From: Andrew Petro <andrew.w.petro@gmail.com>
> To: pluto-dev@portals.apache.org,
> Cc: Martin Scott Nicklous/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
> Date: 24.09.13 19:16
> Subject: Re: Portlet Specification 3.0 Membership Proposal
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm Andrew Petro, and I very much look forward to that introduction.
>
> I've been very involved in uPortal previously, serving on the
> uPortal steering committee and as a release engineer, and I retain
> committer status on the project.  Recently my career took me more in
> an open source identity and access management direction.  I am
> however shortly joining the portal development team at Eric's
> previous outfit at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, in a Java
> software developer role, helping to derive institutional value from
> an ambitious uPortal deployment which is, as Eric mentions, a
> relatively sophisticated consumer of Pluto.
>
> I look forward very much to helping the University develop on an
> already successful institutional portal in my new role there, and to
> contributing to Pluto and, I hope, the portlet specification, these
> being strategically aligned with the continued long-term awesomeness
> and sustainability of Wisconsin's uPortal implementation.
>
> Thanks, Eric, for a lovely and generous introduction onto this list. :)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Andrew
>

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 8:26 PM, David Taylor <davidseantaylor@gmail.com
> > wrote:
> The Spec Team took a brief break in September, and will continue the
> first week of October. We can introduce Andrew at the first meeting in
October