portals-pluto-dev mailing list archives

From David Taylor <davidseantay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Portlet Specification 3.0
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 19:38:47 GMT
Hi Scott,

This is great news. Speaking for myself, I would be honored to participate
and host the JSR 362 RI and TCK here at Apache Portals. Of course, we need
consensus, and we can eventually call for a vote to formalize the 3.0
hosting and implementation here at Pluto. I see it as a continuation of the
work done here previously at Pluto. I agree that it would be best to host
the initial work on Github so that spec writers outside the Pluto team can
contribute early on. As we progress, we can of course bring on new Portals
committers to the project. The Apache way is considered a meritocracy, and
committers are voted in by their peers based on their contributions and
community efforts. New projects can also be incubated, an alternative
process for bringing in new code and committers.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html

Regarding the TCK, there have been some licensing issues in the first two
specs that have not made it possible to check it into an Apache repository.
I believe its up to the EG team leads to decide on licensing.

> You may wish to become members of the JSR 362 Expert group.

I am interesting in becoming a member of the EG. I was a member of the 1.0
and 2.0 EGs as well.

Regarding JIRA, you can sign up for an account here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

--
David