portals-pluto-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [RT] Moving the portlet api out of pluto tree
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 09:28:54 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> David Jencks schrieb:
>> I think this is a good idea.
>>
>> I somewhat doubt it would be a good idea but if you wanted the spec jars
>> even farther away we could put them in with the geronimo spec jars.
>>
>> Are these jars the official spec api jars or does sun (or someone else)
>> release those separately?
> They're released separately and we are not allowed to release them on
> our own.
They have not been released to the maven repo by sun (JSR-168) or IBM (JSR-286).
The current (but incorrect with respect to OSGi meta-data) portlet-api-2.0.jar was released
to the maven repo by myself actually, and we
have confirmation from the JSR-286 team lead we're actually allowed to do this.
The JCP is only concerned with the official download from the JCP site.