portals-pluto-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Content-Type handling for JSR-286
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 04:21:46 GMT
PLT 12.5.1 says, in part:

  If the portlet does not specify a content type before the getWriter
  or getPortletOutputStream methods the portlet container assumes the
  content type of the PortletRequest.getResponseContentType()method
  and resolves wildcards on a best can-do basis.

This is a change from JSR-168 PLT 12.3.1.

286-COMPATIBILITY is not performing the default case, requiring portlets to
set the content type explicitly.  I have not looked at the code in the
286-MERGE branch.

For the time being, I have hacked around this in the 286-COMPATBILITY
branch.  Do you want the fix, or should we just ignore it until the
286-MERGER branch is further along?

	--- Noel