portals-pluto-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Adding JSR-286 API jar to a Maven repository
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:19:37 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Stefan Hepper wrote:
>

>> Not sure what was decided here...
>>
>> As long as the jar file is marked as draft version of JSR 286 I don't
>> have any issues with putting them in a Apache repository.
>> Once the JSR 286 is final and approved we plan to submit the source
>> code of the files under the Apache license to the pluto project, like
>> we did with JSR 168.
>>
> As the code is currently not Apache, it seems a little bit strange to
> put this into an Apache repository. It's not an Apache release or a
> snapshot of an Apache project right now.
>
> So what about putting it into the official maven repository?
I think we might be very careful with doing that if even allowed, e.g. it should be made very
clear this will not be an official, ASF endorsed released
artifact, draft or not.
But by simply putting the jar in the official maven repository, with all the required license
and notice files etc. already in place might easily give the
impression it *is* an ASF endorsed artifact.

I wonder though why the api is needed to be "released" already at the moment.
AFAIK, its mainly used/needed for the pluto JSR-286 branch, and for that one can easily check
it out and build the whole branch, there's no need to have the api
jar available in a remote repository for that, and I would suggest not to bother with it right
now.

Ate