portals-pluto-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Hepper <sthep...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding JSR-286 API jar to a Maven repository
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:38:03 GMT
Dettborn wrote:

> Ate Douma schrieb:
>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Yes this will be a problem, under this point of view this will be a
> big problem. So there won't be so many api changes, so we can let it
> as it is.
>
>>> Yepp,
>>>
>>> I'm not sure why we have to deploy this into a public available
>>> repository? Shouldn't the api be just a module which is build
>>> during the
>>> whole build as well?
>>>
>> I agree, this shouldn't be made available in a public repository yet
>> and I also don't see any technical reason why it should.
>> You really would need to get clearance from IBM for that.
>>

>>> For the version I guess '2.0-ED2-Rev13' is fine.
>>>
>> Yes, not SNAPSHOT for sure.

Not sure what was decided here...

As long as the jar file is marked as draft version of JSR 286 I don't
have any issues with putting them in a Apache repository.
Once the JSR 286 is final and approved we plan to submit the source code
of the files under the Apache license to the pluto project, like we did
with JSR 168.

Stefan