portals-pluto-dev mailing list archives

From "David H. DeWolf" <ddew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Admin Portlet]
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 00:21:22 GMT

Craig Doremus wrote:
> oli wrote:
>
>> Elliot Metsger <emetsger@jhu.edu> schrieb: Hi Craig,
>>
>> CDoremus@hannaford.com wrote:
>>

>>> Also, much of the the pluto-util code needs to be moved
>>> into pluto-portal-driver or pluto-portal-driver-impl.
>>>

>> Can you explain this part?  Can we not keep the pluto-util as separate
>> artifacts?
>>

> Sorry, Oliver for the confusion. I was only referring to the code that I
> just added to pluto-util in this branch. We need to keep the other code
> in pluto-util for use by the maven plugin and the ant tasks.

I think that the key is understanding the scope of each module.  Some of
the code that was recently put into the util package heavily relied upon
servlet/portlet apis.  The original util package was intended to provide
generic facilities for deploying/assembling portlets - whether on the
command line or on in an app server.  With that in mind, I would expect
that it would be generic and not include ui dependencies.