portals-pluto-dev mailing list archives

From CDore...@hannaford.com
Subject Re: Moving toward a Pluto 1.1 beta release
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:15:36 GMT
Hi Elliot,

I thought that there would be a problem.  There might be a problem in
DeployWarService.updateWebXml(), which
adds the PortletServlet info to web.xml. In doing so, it makes sure that
the servlet and servlet-mapping elements for PortletServlet are placed in
the proper order, which requires that it iterate through every element
web.xml before servlet or servlet-mapping. There might be a problem if
there are new elements in the servlet 2.4 spec. So take a look to see
whether the PortletServlet elements got added properly. If there are other
issues, please let me know.

TIA
/Craig

Elliot Metsger <emetsger@jhu.edu>
04/19/2006 10:14 AM
Please respond to
pluto-dev@portals.apache.org

pluto-dev@portals.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Moving toward a Pluto 1.1 beta release

Elliot Metsger wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> I'll perform both tests below; I totally understand the prioritation -
> no problem there :-)  I'll report back.

Definitly a problem which manifests itself in the Pluto Portal invoker
when deploying a 2.4 servlet via the admin portlet app.  I'm digging...

> Elliot
>
> CDoremus@hannaford.com wrote:
>
>> Hi Elliot,
>>
>> Thanks for the update on your patches to Pluto 1.0.1. Right now I am
>> concentrating on getting Pluto 1.1-beta1 out the door.
>>
>> I hope to get to your applying your patches to the 1.0.2 branch, but
>> that is not a big priority right now.  One thing that I am concerned
>> about is how your patch effects the Admin Portlets in Pluto 1.0.1.
>> Have you tested this? If not, can you test an Admin Portlet deployment
>> with 1). A portlet bundled with a Servlet 2.3 compliant web.xml and
>> 2). A portlet bundled with a Servlet 2.4 compliant web.xml?
>>
>> TIA
>> /Craig

<snip>