portals-pluto-dev mailing list archives

From Elliot Metsger <emets...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Recutting 1.0.1 (was Re: [VOTE] Pluto 1.0.1)
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:09:48 GMT
David H. DeWolf wrote:
>  Anyone have any ideas why the
> retag fails with the error:
>
> Error: Source and dest appear not to be in the same repository (src: '
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/pluto/trunk'; dst: '
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/pluto/tags/release-1.0.1')

https in the src url and http in the dst url.  They both need to be the
same protocol at least for my version (svn, version 1.2.3 (r15833)).

> Also, is this the wrong approach? Now that we're past the rc stages should
> we just be cutting new builds and voting on their quality? In such an
> approach, theoretically 1.0.1 would be considered a failed build and
> 1.0.2would be cut and voted on as Alpha, Beta, or GA?

1.0.1 has never been offically released right?  So my (advisory) vote
would be to keep the 1.0.1 version.  If/had it been offically released
I'd vote for a 1.0.2.

My 0.02!

Elliot