portals-pluto-dev mailing list archives

From "David H. DeWolf" <ddew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: refactoration of Pluto Admin 1.1
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 02:59:13 GMT

Zhong ZHENG wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Since you have made some modifications on the Pluto Driver subproject,
> the previous Pluto Admin did not work any more. So I am thinking of
> refactoring the admin app:

what are the specific mods you're talking about?  the refactoring of the
config into configurable services?

> 1. Provide a pluto-independent Struts-like MVC framework for portlet. I
> don't know whether Struts supports portlet currently, but I think it not
> necessary to require Struts to run the admin. I can write a very simple
> yet not full-featured MVC framework based on which I may facilitate the
> admin development.

My STRONG preference is that we do not write our own framework.  I
believe that is beyond the scope of our project.  Instead, let's
leverage something which allready exists.  What about tapestry?  I
believe that 4.x has portlet support.  If not, take a look at
portals-bridges for a struts adapter.

> 2. Separate the pluto portal driver dependent codes into a single
> package. Since Pluto 1.1 is still on development, there will probably be
> midifications on the portal driver. So separating the dependent code
> will make it easier to meet the future need.

I'm not sure I understand?  Can you explain what you mean?