portals-pluto-dev mailing list archives

From Christof Dallermassl <cdal...@hyperwave.com>
Subject bug in org.apache.pluto.core.impl.PortletURLImpl.setParameter
Date Fri, 07 May 2004 15:08:58 GMT
Hi!

I think I found a bug in the following method of class
org.apache.pluto.core.impl.PortletURLImpl:

    public void setParameter(String name, String value)
    {
        if (name == null || value == null) {
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("name and value must not be
null");
        }
        parameters.put( name, value);
    }

but the "parameters" map should have a String[] as a value, but here a String
is set.

As theses parameters are passed to the
org.apache.pluto.services.information.PortletURLProvider#setParameters
method, at least the javadoc of this method is not  correct, as it states
that the values are String[]s. I think, in the setParameter method of
org.apache.pluto.core.impl.PortletURLImp a

parameters.put( name, new String[] {value});
instead of
parameters.put(name,value);

should do, what has to be done, although previously set values would be
destroyed then. as the method's name is setParameter this is ok for me (and
the setParameter(String, String[]) method exists.

regards,
Christof

Christof Dallermassl, Software Developer
Hyperwave Research & Development, Albrechtgasse 9, A-8010 Graz, Austria
Tel. +43 316 82 09 18 - 634, Fax +43 316 82 09 18 - 99
mailto: christof.dallermassl@hyperwave.com
http://www.hyperwave.com