From David Dyer <dd...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Login blocked until the user signs the consent form
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:16:08 GMT
Still not quite working. No errors though so at least that's alright.

What I've done:

Compiled the RoleCheckValve (after adding some logging) into a jar and
put the jar in tomcat shared/lib (all jetspeed dependencies are already
there jetspeed-api, jetspeed-portal and jetspeed-security) .

Using the j2-admin profiler I added the profiling rule (as described in
your post to add to j2-seed) with
Td: roleCheckRedirectRule "
Title" (the field should probably say "desscription") :redirect on Role
Check existance)
Rule class:
org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.rules.impl.StandardProfilingRule (following
the example of the security rule)
Criteria:
Name: page
value:/unconsented.html
Resolver Type: hard.coded

used the j2-admin user management portlet to give the role to a user.

Added the valve definition bean to pipelines.xml in
jetspeed/WEB-INF/assembly

added the reference to the bean in between the localizationValve and
passwordCredentialValve in the JetspeedPilpeline as well as in between
the localizationValve and the loginValidationValve in the
ConfigurePipeline AND, finally between the localizationValve and the
loginViewValve in the LoginPipeline.

When I start up tomcat I see the bean get instantiated in my logs, but
when I login the test user with the role, I never see the invoke method
get called.

Attached pipelines.xml