From "Ron McNulty" <rmcnu...@xtra.co.nz>
Subject Accessing URL parameters
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2008 05:28:34 GMT
Hi All

JSR168 prohibits a portlet from accessing parameters attached to a page URL,
and Jetspeed implements this correctly.

But I am trying to convert our applications to portlets. These applications
change their behaviour dependent on date, and have a simple system that lets
our testers add the test date to the URL:
 e.g. http://localhost:8080/forms/myform?testDate=20080423

This is obviously net going to work in the portlet world. My question is,
can anyone suggest an elegant alternative? I had some ideas about a separate
portlet that puts the test date into System.properties, but have not tried
it.

Regards

Ron