From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: CategoryPortletSelector, Search, and Roles
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 16:59:51 GMT

On Apr 1, 2008, at 11:26 AM, Andrew Strickland wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I want to exclude all of the admin portlets from j2-admin from
> showing up
> in the CategoryPortletSelector so that regular users (e.g. non admin
> users)
> that search for a portlet do not see them in the search results.
> What is
> the best way to do this?  I noticed that the UserBrowser portlet
> does not
> show up under any of the categories, even when logged in as the
> "admin"
> user.  By what mechanism is this accomplished and is this the same
> way that
> we would exclude the other admin portlets?  How does the user's
> roles play
> in here?

Most admin portlet should already be excluded from the category
portlet selector
What version of Jetspeed-2 are you using ?
Portlets are filtered by role, and all j2-admin portlets should
require the admin role, as specified in the jetspeed-portlet.xml for
the j2-admin app:

    <js:security-constraint-ref>admin</js:security-constraint-ref>

Some of the j2-admin portlets need to be selectable by non-admin
users, such as the login portlet:

     <portlet>
         <portlet-name>LoginPortlet</portlet-name>
         <js:security-constraint-ref>public-view</js:security-
constraint-ref>