From "Andrew Strickland" <stric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default Portlet State
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:43:25 GMT
Could be a number of reasons...

Check to make sure you've overridden the method properly including
having the parameters passed in the same order as the
superclass...otherwise you'll just have a very "similar" method.
Swapping the order of the parameters is a common mistake.  If you're
using an IDE that does auto-overide or auto-implementation for you
then I would think this isn't that likely but if you did it by hand
then it could happen.

Make sure you're not calling super.doView(...) at the beginning of
your method.  First you want to do your window state management, and
THEN call super.doView(...) at the end.  If you call it at the
beginning then the super method is almost assuredly returning and
writing to the outputstream before you get the chance to set the
window state.

Make sure your portlet.xml is using your new extended class and not
the Spring portlet class.

Any further guesses would be just that.  If you can provide the code
of your overridden doView it might shed more light.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Dan Olsen <danrolsen@utah.gov> wrote:
> So I have created a class that extends the DispatcherPortlet class. However, for some
reason my doView function is not being invoked. I overrode the init function and that is getting
invoked. Any idea why my doView function would not be getting invoked?

>  - Dan
>
>  >>> "Andrew Strickland" <strickla@gmail.com> 4/15/2008 10:11 AM >>>
>

> So create your own portlet class that extends
>  org.springframework.web.portlet.DispatcherPortlet.
>  and override the doView to do the same as the Spring portlet but modify to
>  add in your handling of the default view state.
>

>  On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Dan Olsen <danrolsen@utah.gov> wrote:
>
>  > The problem for me is that I am using Spring to create my portlets. So the
>  > class pointed to in my portlet.xml file is
>  > org.springframework.web.portlet.DispatcherPortlet.
>  >
>  > >>> "Andrew Strickland" <strickla@gmail.com> 4/15/2008 8:48 AM >>>
>  > If "*firstView*" is true set window state to minimized and then set "*
>  > firstView*" to false, then render...subsequent doViews will check the
>  > value
>  > of "*firstView*" (it's now false) and will render with whatever window
>  > state
>  > the portal tells it to render with.
>  >
>  > On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Dan Olsen <danrolsen@utah.gov> wrote:
>  >
>  > > But won't this solution render it closed every time it renders? It would
>  > > make sense if there was a setting for portlets to set the default window
>  > > state.
>  > >
>  > > >>> "Andrew Strickland" <strickla@gmail.com> 4/14/2008 6:16
PM >>>