From "Andrew Strickland" <stric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drag and drop protlets
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:27:45 GMT
@Dan: You can, a couple of different ways.  You could modify the
Jetspeed servlet that is mapped to /portal/* and instead redirect it
to /desktop/* instead.  That way all requests starting with /portal
would instead go to /desktop...the key being the /* at the end of the
mapping so the rest of the URL is unchanged.

Or, you can do like we did and create a custom class that extends
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.valve.AbstractValve.  Then have that
class inspect the URLs being piped through it and modify them to
instead go to /desktop, again leaving the rest of the URL unchanged.
Then you would add an entry into your /etc/assembly/pipelines.xml for
that new valve class like:

<bean id="portalDesktopRedirectValve"
 	        class="mil.disa.disnoss.desktop.impl.PortalDesktopRedirectValveImpl">
 	     <!-- /desktop pipeline -->
 	     <constructor-arg index="0"><value>/desktop</value></constructor-arg>
 	     <!-- /portal pipeline -->
 	     <constructor-arg index="1"><value>/portal</value></constructor-arg>
 	     <!-- Setting true will redirect all pages.  Set false to just
redirect desktop pages -->
 	     <constructor-arg index="2"><value>true</value></constructor-arg>
</bean>

We then do a fairly complicated set of processing to determine whether
or not the URL with the parameters provided needs to be redirected, if
so we modify the URL, and then pass the request on to the next valve.

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Andrew Strickland <strickla@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can specify the layout and decorations of the desktop mode in the same manner that
you specified the portal mode layout and decorations.