From "Andrew Strickland" <stric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CategoryPortletSelector, Search, and Roles
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 04:46:37 GMT
So I guess my user was an "admin" then?  I don't remember giving myself that
priviledge but I'll have to check what roles and permissions our user
creation (registration) portlet is doing.  We've replaced the default login
portlet with one of our own that uses CAC cards to register the user and
then we pull their attributes from an LDAP store when they log in.

We're running Jetspeed 2.1.3.

What I did was make everything I didn't want to show up in the
CategoryPortletSelector (including the j2-admin login portlets) have a
js:security-constraint-ref of "devmgr".  And that works...but now we have a
forked j2-admin portlet application.  What I was thinking of doing was
adding a dependency in our portlet application to the j2-admin WAR.  Could
we then selectively override individual files (like jetspeed-portlet.xml)
w/o having to modify the source of the j2-admin war?  This would prevent a
fork and lots of headaches for us during upgrading to each new Jetspeed
release.