From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Developing a custom login module
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:13:14 GMT
I am not an expert but you  might want to read between the lines in the
security series of documents starting with the overview.

This might also help

Jetspeed uses the user profile to determine what page to build to
satisfy each request.
Authentication is only part of the problem. You probably need to provide
a way to use your external users profiles to direct the decision making
process within Jetspeed to get the pages (and other authorizations) that
you expect for each user.

You will probably get better help here later but I hope that this helps.

Serkan Camurcuoglu wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to make Jetspeed use another user database in addition to its ordinary user
database (I'm using Jetspeed 2.1.3 installed on a MySQL database). This database will contain
a large number of users that are allowed to log on to the portal with the portal-user role.
This database is an external database which has a fixed structure, I cannot change it. The
original user database of Jetspeed will be used for privileged users such as admin. Here are
some more points:
> - If possible, I don't want my custom authentication/authorization code to depend on
Jetspeed's security classes, I want it to be JAAS compatible
> - I've tried developing a custom JAAS login module and plugging it in using login.conf,
but I think that's not enough
> - I've also tried extending DefaultUserSecurityHandler and DefaultCredentialHandler,
but I think I have to do some more because it seems like my users are not authorized to view
the pages that other users can see
> - How are portlet preferences affected in this case? Will Jetspeed save my users' portlet
preferences in its own database automatically, or will I also need to implement preference
storage myself?
> I would like to learn the best approach to accomplish this task. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance..