From Niels van Kampenhout <n.vankampenh...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Am I missing something or are the tutorials broken?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:28:05 GMT
Hi Ben,

benethridge@charter.net wrote:
> Hi.  I'm new to Jetspeed, but not to open source or java programming.
>
> Walking through the tutorials, they appear to be broken, in that the directories stated
in the tutorials are not in any of the zip files I've downloaded so far.

> By searching the directories in the zip files, and finding what appear to be the desired
directories and files, I was able to get pretty far into the Eclipse/Ant tutorial, but then
I got stopped when it wanted me to use maven...which wasn't in the initial prerequisites:

> http://portals.apache.org/tutorials/jetspeed-2-ant/
>
> So, I downloaded maven and shifted over to the maven-based tutorial, but I could find
no equivalent for the directories stated in the tutorial.

> Am I using the wrong download zip file? or ?
>
> I got it from here:
>
> http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/download.html
>
> ...specifically the "Jetspeed-2.1.3 Full Distribution (binaries, src and generated website)"
>
> Ben

The zip at [1] provides some of the files/directories mentioned in the
tutorial. Still the tutorial seems to be far from complete but with some
determination/effort it is possible to follow it all the way to the end.

Good luck

Niels

[1] http://portals.apache.org/tutorials/resources/jetspeed-2-resources.zip