From Aram Mirzadeh <...@mbcli.com>
Subject Re: Am I missing something or are the tutorials broken?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:27:07 GMT

I also ran into this -- both the "demo" links are not working either.

I downloaded the full -demo.jar and installed that.  1) You can see what
it looks like and 2) You get the idea on how its supposed to be
configured.  That doesn't help you with the maven compile which breaks
all over the place but at least you get the idea.

benethridge@charter.net wrote:
> Hi.  I'm new to Jetspeed, but not to open source or java programming.
>
> Walking through the tutorials, they appear to be broken, in that the directories stated
in the tutorials are not in any of the zip files I've downloaded so far.

> By searching the directories in the zip files, and finding what appear to be the desired
directories and files, I was able to get pretty far into the Eclipse/Ant tutorial, but then
I got stopped when it wanted me to use maven...which wasn't in the initial prerequisites:

> http://portals.apache.org/tutorials/jetspeed-2-ant/
>
> So, I downloaded maven and shifted over to the maven-based tutorial, but I could find
no equivalent for the directories stated in the tutorial.