From "Mireille Audet" <Mireille.Au...@newittech.com>
Subject Manage a session
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:28:26 GMT
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to manage an expired session in
jetspeed. It's not a timout problem. I can configure it. But, it seems
really difficult to come back to the login page when session has been
expired.

This is how my portal has been developped:
1. I have a default.psml page, which is contains only one portlet used
to log the user in our portal and connect user to our application. After
the authentification, the portal will establish witch kind of user try
to log on. (userType1 and userType2)
2. Each userType has a default psml page ( userType1.psml and
userType2.psml), which are contain differents services established
according to their user type and their access right.
3. Once a user belongs to userType1 is logged, he can access to all
services defined into userType1.psml. But, when the session is expired,
the user does not see any difference...He just seems to continue the
current session... He does not have to reopen a new session to access to
the information.

What I would like to do is :
When the session is expired, the system infor the user that the session
has been expire and come back to the default.psml page, which is
contains the login portlet. In this way, the user should be
authentificate each time that the session is expired...

How can I do this? Do you have any suggestions?

Thank's in advance for your help!

Mireille