From "Brad Gardner" <bgardne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing User Data
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:52:49 GMT
Taking a stab at this, so anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  It
looks like you could get access to the RoleManager using something similar
to this:

RoleManager manager = (RoleManager)
getPortletContext().getAttribute(CommonPortletServices.CPS_ROLE_MANAGER_COMPONENT);

Once you're there, the RoleManager has a method named getRolesForUser that
takes the username as an argument and returns a collection of the roles for
that user.

I'm relatively new at the portal development so don't quote me on this quite
yet :)

good luck!

--
Brad Gardner