From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: FolderPermission confusion
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 02:17:25 GMT

On Apr 4, 2008, at 9:46 PM, Ethan Adams wrote:

> Can anyone tell me the difference between /foo/- and /foo/* in a
> FolderPermission?
>
> There doesn't seem to be any difference

Yes, it does make a difference. From the Java Permission docs:

A pathname that ends in "/*" (where "/" is the file separator
character, File.separatorChar) indicates a directory and all the files
contained in that directory.
A pathname that ends with "/-" indicates a directory and (recursively)
all files and subdirectories contained in that directory.