From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Manage a session
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:49:15 GMT

On Apr 16, 2008, at 8:28 AM, Mireille Audet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to manage an expired session in
> jetspeed. It's not a timout problem. I can configure it. But, it seems
> really difficult to come back to the login page when session has been
> expired.
>
> This is how my portal has been developped:
> 1. I have a default.psml page, which is contains only one portlet used
> to log the user in our portal and connect user to our application.
> After
> the authentification, the portal will establish witch kind of user try
> to log on. (userType1 and userType2)
> 2. Each userType has a default psml page ( userType1.psml and
> userType2.psml), which are contain differents services established
> according to their user type and their access right.
> 3. Once a user belongs to userType1 is logged, he can access to all
> services defined into userType1.psml. But, when the session is
> expired,
> the user does not see any difference...He just seems to continue the
> current session... He does not have to reopen a new session to
> access to
> the information.
>
> What I would like to do is :
> When the session is expired, the system infor the user that the
> session
> has been expire and come back to the default.psml page, which is
> contains the login portlet. In this way, the user should be
> authentificate each time that the session is expired...
>
> How can I do this? Do you have any suggestions?

If you download the demo build from here:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/portals/jetspeed-2/binaries/jetspeed-2.1.3-demo-installer.jar

It appears to do exactly what you need. Try logging in as say devmgr/
devmgr or jetspeed/jetspeed
You get a different home page for these users than the non-
authenticated (guest) page

However we don't have a feature allowing for you to detect that your
session has expired and direct you to an informational page saying so
You are simply redirected to the guest page
Expired sessions are treated the same as new sessions