From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Default Portlet State
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:43:38 GMT

On Apr 16, 2008, at 3:23 PM, Brad Gardner wrote:

> update:
>
> I was able to go out and check the API, and from what it looks like,
> the
> DispatcherPortlet does (through 2 other classes) inherit its doView
> from
> GenericPortlet, so to override it properly, you should make it
> public as
> opposed to protected.

I believe you are supposed to implement the methods below, although it
was never clear to me why we have to have these "Internal" naming
conventions

	public ModelAndView handleRenderRequestInternal(RenderRequest
request, RenderResponse response) throws Exception
	{

     public void handleActionRequestInternal( ActionRequest request,
ActionResponse response ) throws Exception
     {

see examples here:

http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/portlet.html

and more info:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/spring/display/JSR168/Home

There are examples in the j2-admin portlet application source code as
well as in Bridges source code, see the "springmvc" application there