From John Platts <john_pla...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Developing portlets for Jetspeed 2.1.3 using NetBeans 6.0
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:14:04 GMT

I have created the WAR using the NetBeans IDE by right-clicking on the project and selecting
build. I then copied the resulting WAR file to the WEB-INF/deploy directory of the Jetspeed
portal, and the portlet works correctly.

NetBeans is capable of test-compiling JSP files in a project. Do you know of any other tools
that can test-compile JSP files in a portal project? The JSP test-compile feature is a really
nice feature of the NetBeans IDE 6.0.

Information about the portlet development components of the NetBeans IDE can be found at http://portalpack.netbeans.org

NetBeans can be used to develop applications that can be built with Ant-based scripts.

John Platts