From "Andrew Strickland" <stric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Portlets default to closed
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:00:55 GMT
That is the proper question to ask because the portlet spec doesn't say
anything about portlet window state defaults.  So if anyone supports it,
it's going to be portlet container specific (i.e. Jetspeed).  I couldn't
find any answer to that question from looking at the online Jetspeed PSML
documentation...but maybe it's just not documented?

The only thing I can think of is to programmatically call
response.setWindowState(WindowState.MINIMIZED) in the doView method of your
portlet.  This way, the first time your portlet is displayed you will
automatically render as minimized.  You'd need to define an attribute to
remember whether you've already run doView and thus minimized once so that
you don't minimize in subsequent doView calls.