From "Andrew Strickland" <stric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: portal.xml options
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:27:39 GMT
Portlet.xml window state is the list of supported custom window states
defined and implemented by the Portal, not the actual state of the window
state.  My first thought would be to try programmatically setting the window
state in your portlet's init method.  But looking at the PortletConfig class
you won't have access to the ActionResponse or RenderResponse in order to
call setWindowState(WindowState s).

My second thought was to define it in the portlet <fragment> tag in your
PSML (assuming you're using Jetspeed here, and this would tie you to the
Jetspeed implementation of default window state)...but from looking at
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-psml.html#Layout_Fragmentsit
looks like the "state" property of the <fragment> tag is not the same
thing as portlet window state.  So, I'm at a loss here myself.

Andy