From "John Assalone" <...@tralse.com>
Subject menus in jetspeed 2.1
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:20:02 GMT
Hi, new to jetspeed.

I have a page loading up based on a user's group membership. In that page
I'm trying to define a menu, but it just won't appear. The title shows up,
so I know this page is loading. The page code is:

<page id="/_group/TEST_GROUP/default-page.psml" hidden="false">
    <title>Test Group Page</title>
    <short-title>TEST</short-title>
    <defaults/>
    <menu name="simple" regexp="true" depth="-1" options="/*"
skin="dhtml-pull-down" profile="*"/>
</page>

(I have nothing else there because I want to figure this part out
independently of other page elements).

My understanding is that those attributes would add any files in the tree to
a drop-down menu, regardless of whatever profile is used.

Questions:
1) Does the 'name' attribute map to some defined thing somewhere else? i.e.,
do different things happen depending on the name used?
2) Where exactly is the menu element supposed to go? The psml doc says in
the page element, but I've read in other forum posts that it goes in the
folder.metadata file.

Lastly, is there a PSML tutorial somewhere, with examples, or any docs that
talk about what the various 'reserved' keywords or names are?