From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Customizing Jetspeed
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 05:40:33 GMT

On Mar 24, 2008, at 2:50 PM, Dan Olsen wrote:

> I actually have a list of things that I am trying to do with Jetspeed.
> Is there a way I can get rid of the left nav menu for all users
> except for admin users? If so, how?

Create your own decorator. The menu is simply a macro. Take a look at
the tigris decorator:

<!-- Left Navigations Menu Table Data -->
#set($navigationsStandardMenu = $site.getMenu("navigations"))

#if(!$navigationsStandardMenu.empty)
width="100%">
#includeLinksWithIconNavigation($navigationsStandardMenu $TOP_TO_BOTTOM)
#end

> I am still trying to figure out how to customize my login mechanism
> so I don't have to use the login portlet to login to Jetspeed. We
> are linking Jetspeed into our master directory so we don't want to
> allow a user to recover their password or change their password. Any
> ideas on how to create my own login portlet or form that works
> basically like the current login portlet? I have downloaded the
> source and I am not finding the code behind the current login portlet.

There are a couple of examples of login portlets in the j2-admin
portlet application, which you could customize for your needs
Or there are several other options:

There are two general approaches to integrating users and roles
If you to tightly integrate with weblogic, to get Jetspeed's
administrative portlets to use weblogic's users and roles, not
Jetspeed's, then you sure write
your own security provider (SPI) in Jetspeed, see docs here, this
approach is more complicated:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-security/config.html
bottom section on security-spi-atz.xml
and http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-security/arch.html

An easier solution:

If you only require to intercept the creation of a subject, then you
can do this with a servlet filter and possibly a jetspeed security
valve and possibly a filter as well
See an example with NTLM here:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-ntlm.html

> Lastly, how do I use the JSP templates? I have tried changing the
> decorator.properties file to contain:

That should be all that is necessary, but you will need to restart the
jetspeed webapp