From David Dyer <dd...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Faces Portlets and Jetspeed decorators
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:01:27 GMT
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to add a portlet in the header.vm of my decorator. I've
already successfully added generic portlets to the header with:

 $jetspeed.renderPortletEntity("MyPortlet",
"my-portletApplication::MyPortletName).

This has worked fine, but when I attempt it with a faces portlet, the
portlet displays alright, but the processAction from the action listener
is never invoked when the commandLink is clicked.

The portlet has also been tested by referencing it in a psml as would be
normal, and it works as expected there.

Here's the portlet reference from the appropriate portlet xml.

<portlet>
        <description>Portlet description yadda yadda yadda</description>
        <portlet-name>MyPortletName</portlet-name>
        <display-name>My Portlet Name</display-name>

 <portlet-class>org.apache.portals.bridges.jsf.FacesPortlet</portlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <name>ViewPage</name>
            <value>/myportlet.jsp</value>
        </init-param>
        <expiration-cache>0</expiration-cache>
        <supports>
            <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
            <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
        </supports>
        <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>

<resource-bundle>my.package.ressources.myRessourceBundle</resource-bundle>
        <portlet-info>
            <title>My Portlet Name</title>
            <short-title>Portlet</short-title>
            <keywords>My, Portlet, Name</keywords>
        </portlet-info>
        <portlet-preferences>
        </portlet-preferences>
    </portlet>

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance,

David