From Dennis Dam <d....@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: portal.xml options
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:04:12 GMT
another tip: attach the portal XML schema to portlet.xml :

<portlet-app
  xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd"

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd"
  version="1.0">

and then use an XML editor which supports schemas, so you get XML
validation, autocomplete of required elements, suggestions,
documentation (!), etc. I use a commercial plugin for Eclipse, but
perhaps there are free alternatives as well.

Dennis