From "Timony, Michael" <Michael.Tim...@FMR.COM>
Subject RE: "simplest" portlet
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:54:34 GMT
Did you create the file on Windows? It looks like your deploying on
Unix, so maybe there are some hidden characters in the file that aren't
Unix friendly.  Open the file and vi and you should be able to see if
there are hidden characters.

Luck
Mick

-----Original Message-----
From: sumeet khullar [mailto:khullar.sumeet@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 3:47 AM
To: jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org
Subject: Re: "simplest" portlet

There are a number of web.xml, so I am not very sure which is the one
that is creating this error. I guess it should be the one in
simplest.war, the archive that I have created , since the demo portlets
are being deployed correctly. The one in simplest.war is as follows :-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN"
<web-app>
  <display-name>Simplest</display-name>
  <description>The world's simplest portlet</description> </web-app>

This is the same as has been listed on the tutorial site.

Regards
Sumeet