From Ran Harpaz <ipa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem with using non-english characters in portlet.xml
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:29:00 GMT

Hello, Everyone,

I've recently been trying to use a different encoding than the standard
UTF-8 for my portlet.xml, because, for some reason, jetspeed either doesn't
deploy my WAR or bugs up the entire portal (no portlets are seen, for one).
When I don't use characters from my language, I don't have any such
problems, but, since our business would like to localize the portal in its
entirety, including portlet title bars, I have to change the portlet.xml to
suit this need.

Any solutions to my problems? How do I change the encoding (the deployment
process reverts the portlet.xml's encoding to utf-8 and my language jumbles
the entire portlet up), or, if possible, how do I use a different title for
the portlets without changing the portlet.xml.

Thanks in advance.