From sumeet khullar <khullar.sum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "simplest" portlet
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 07:16:39 GMT

Even I am facing the same problem getting the simplest portlet at
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-simple-portlet.html to
work.

When I run the tomcat server, the demo portlets are deployed , but when when
it tries to deploy the simplest portlet, it gives the following exception:

ERROR: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WEB-INF/web.xml
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.DeploymentException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WEB-INF/web.xml
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.deployPortletApplication(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:224)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.invokeDeploy(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:209)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.dispatch(StandardDeploymentManager.java:264)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.deploy(StandardDeploymentManager.java:178)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.fireDeploymentEvent(StandardDeploymentManager.java:209)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager$FileSystemScanner.run(StandardDeploymentManager.java:357)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WEB-INF/web.xml
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.deploy.JetspeedDeploy.<init>(JetspeedDeploy.java:164)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.deploy.JetspeedDeploy.<init>(JetspeedDeploy.java:88)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.deployPortletApplication(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:219)
        ... 5 more
ERROR: Failure deploying
/root/Jetspeed-2.1.3/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy/simplest.war

I have checked web.xml and also checked by war file, but am unable to figure
out the problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Sumeet