From "Smart, Susan" <susan.sm...@MultiPlan.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed 2 + Backbase?
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:47:05 GMT
Thanks David. Cool. I'll try it out.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Sean Taylor [mailto:david@bluesunrise.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:05 PM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: Re: Jetspeed 2 + Backbase?

On Mar 20, 2008, at 8:51 AM, Smart, Susan wrote:

> We're currently running a port of Jetspeed 2 portal (Bluenog) on JBoss

> server. The powers in charge here were not interested in being "tied
> down" to JSF (I've already tried to recommend Seam).
>
> After much research into strictly client-side JS libraries like Dojo,
> YUI, etc. we came to realize we needed much more functionality.
>
> Backbase looks *very* appealing however we have no idea of how it will

> work with our Jetspeed2-based portal solution.
>
> Anybody have knowledge/info on this combination???

We are running Backbase with Jetspeed.  We package Backbase into our
custom build.
Backbase is added to a decorator:

xmlns:b="http://www.backbase.com/b
" xmlns:s="http://www.backbase.com/s">

     <script type="text/javascript" src="/fis/javascript/backbase/bpc/
boot.js" ></script>

     <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" >
        function bpcBoot() { bpc.boot('/jetspeed/javascript/
backbase/'); }
     </script>

b:devconfig="true" -->

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: Information included in and/or attached to this electronic mail
transmission may be confidential. This electronic mail transmission is intended for the addressee(s)
only. Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, or distribution of, and/or any unauthorized
action taken in reliance on the information in this electronic mail is prohibited. If you
believe that you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please notify the
sender by reply transmission, or contact helpdesk@multiplan.com, and delete the message without
copying or disclosing it.