From "David Psiuk" <apa...@salesfactory.org>
Subject AW: AW: Submitting a Form
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:09:39 GMT
System.out.println(java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError == rtfm)

> true

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dan Olsen [mailto:danrolsen@utah.gov]
Gesendet: Freitag, 28. März 2008 19:53
An: Jetspeed Users List
Betreff: Re: AW: Submitting a Form

So I opted to use Struts for a portlet and followed the tutorial found
at http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/struts-2-portlet-tutorial.html and
then deployed it to Tomcat. However, I am getting the following error in
the portlet:

----- BEGIN ERROR -----
Failed to load portlet
org.apache.struts2.portlet.dispatcher.Jsr168Dispatcher:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.DomHelper$DOMBuilder
----- END ERROR -----

I am assuming I probably need to have put the struts jars and the
xwork2 jars somewhere for the portlet to get access to them but I am not
sure where they should go. I currently have them in the WEB-INF/lib
directory but that doesn't seem to work.

I chose struts because that is the framework we use.

- Dan

>>> "Ron McNulty" <rmcnulty@xtra.co.nz> 3/28/2008 1:27 AM >>>
Hi Dan

Take a look at Spring Portlet MVC. It is a solid framework that will
simplify your life once you have got over the inevitable learning
curve.
There are portlet examples in the distribution.

Regards

Ron