From "Dennis Dam" <d....@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Redirects and ActionURL
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:22:34 GMT
Sorry Jennifer, I meant processAction.

________________________________

Van: Ford, Jennifer M. [mailto:JENNFORD@SOUTHERNCO.COM]
Verzonden: ma 19-11-2007 18:19
Aan: Jetspeed Users List
Onderwerp: RE: Redirects and ActionURL

Thanks for explaining this, Dennis.  We're using Jetspeed-2.1.2.  We
didn't extend the original or even implement a doAction at all, only a
processAction method.  (And also, I don't see a doAction method on the
GenericPortlet to override, where would that go?  Is it specific to the
standard ChangePasswordPortlet?)

I know my processAction never gets the action when the submit button is
called using the standard actionURL that is available in the doView
method.  It does get the action if I add "/my-account.psml" to the end
of that URL, but as you mentioned, when the password change is
successful, they stay on the "Update My Account" page, which isn't the
most user friendly behavior.  But it's an effective workaround for now.

As Ate suggested, I am putting in a JIRA now with steps to reproduce.

Thanks,
Jennifer