From "Sie, Yang" <yang....@fmr.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed Cache Question
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 22:42:26 GMT
Hello David:

Now I am able to monitor the memory usage of jetspeed cache objects.
However, I have some concerns about the size of the cache.

After 14 people tested for half an hour. The preferencesCache ends up
like 9M. I am surprised to that number comparing to all the data cache
we stored for portlet which was only 923K (we didn't use Jetspeed
content cache, we created our own content cache if you wonder where I
got 923K). Any idea why the preferencesCache number is so high? I didn't
seem to see any plateau when the load test was performing. The
preferencesCache just kept growing. Is that normal? BTW,other jetspeed
cache objects are very small.

Total Number of Cache Objects in jetspeed: 6
CacheName                        MemoryStoreSize InMemorySize
portletDefinitionNameCache             62          119838
portletApplicationNameCache             2           2991
portletApplicationOidCache              2            0
portletDefinitionOidCache               62           0
portletContentCache                     0            0
preferencesCache                        5591       9094113

Thank you.

---Yang