From cherry coke <rsucas...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Jetspeed on Apache - Tomcat
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:22:48 GMT
Thanks

The connection string is all right. The problem happens when I set the crossContext attribute
to true in
j2-admin.xml and jetspeed.xml.
When I set these attributes to false I can see the jetspeed portal, but not the portlets.
For every portlet I get the error "Failed to find Servlet context for Portlet Application:
/j2-admin". This is the content of the log (crossContext  set to false) for this case:
2007-10-30 15:11:33,651 [TP-Processor3] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.factory.JetspeedPortletFactory
- PortletFactory: Failed to load portlet org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.registration.ForgottenPasswordPortlet
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedPortletContext.getRealPath(JetspeedPortletContext.java:189)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.registration.ForgottenPasswordPortlet.init(ForgottenPasswordPortlet.java:143)
    at org.apache.jetspeed.factory.JetspeedPortletInstance.init(JetspeedPortletInstance.java:85)
...2007-10-30 15:11:33,653 [TP-Processor3] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.HeaderAggregatorImpl
- renderHeaderFragment failedjavax.portlet.UnavailableException: Failed to load portlet org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.registration.ForgottenPasswordPortlet:
java.lang.NullPointerException    at org.apache.jetspeed.factory.JetspeedPortletFactory.getPortletInstance(JetspeedPortletFactory.java:252)
   at org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.HeaderAggregatorImpl.renderHeaderFragment(HeaderAggregatorImpl.java:1074)
   at org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.HeaderAggregatorImpl.aggregateAndRender(HeaderAggregatorImpl.java:1055)...2007-10-30
15:11:33,728 [TP-Processor3] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker
- Failed to find Servlet context for Portlet Application: /j2-admin2007-10-30 15:11:33,728
[TP-Processor3] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.RenderingJobImpl - Error rendering
portlet OID jsmin-3javax.portlet.PortletException: Failed to find Servlet context for Portlet
Application: /j2-admin    at org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker.invoke(ServletPortletInvoker.java:206)
   at org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker.render(ServletPortletInvoker.java:128)
   at org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.renderPortlet(PortletContainerImpl.java:119)

I thoght it was caused because of the crossContext attribute. Therefore I set these attributes
to true, like the Jetspeed default installation and then I get this error:
2007-11-02 12:59:55,416 [TP-Processor2] FATAL org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet -
Fatal error encountered while processing portal request: org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.PipelineExceptionorg.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.PipelineException
   at org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.AbstractSecurityValve.invoke(AbstractSecurityValve.java:121)
   at org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.java:167)
   at org.apache.jetspeed.container.url.impl.PortalURLValveImpl.invoke(PortalURLValveImpl.java:66)...Caused
by: java.lang.NullPointerException    at org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.DefaultSecurityMappingHandler.getRolePrincipals(DefaultSecurityMappingHandler.java:133)
   at org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.UserManagerImpl.getUser(UserManagerImpl.java:394)
   at org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.SecurityValveImpl.getSubject(SecurityValveImpl.java:107)...2007-11-02
12:59:55,420 [TP-Processor2] ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[www-pre.gobiernodecanarias.net].[/intranet].[jetspeed]
- Servlet.service() para servlet jetspeed lanz├│ excepci├│norg.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.PipelineException
   at org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.AbstractSecurityValve.invoke(AbstractSecurityValve.java:121)
   at org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline$Invocation.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.java:167)

When I change the connection string I get an error and I can't see the portal content. So
the database connection string cannot be the cause.

Perhaps there is something in the database that isn't correct, but I don't know what.

I have installed jetspeed, ONLY the jetspeed files under webapps, the j2-admin.xml and jetspeed.xml
and the shared/lib/ jars (except ojdbc_10gr2_14.jar that is located in jetspeed/WEB-INF/lib)
on an existing
 - Application server: Tomcat 5.5.20
 - Web server: Apache v2.2.6 and Apache v2.2.4 (2 servers)
 - DataBase: oracle 10.2.03