From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: about Glassfish
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 19:05:44 GMT

On Nov 5, 2007, at 4:12 AM, laurent4x wrote:

> Hi ! Sorry I don't know if this is the right place to post.

I responded to your question once on jetspeed-dev, since I review the
dev list first by habit
This question looks a little different though

> Simply the goal is to be able to make the jetspeed-2 demo run on
> glassfish
> (latest release v2) .
>
> Why ? because I need to show this my company to convince them to
> start a new
> project on glassfish. But the write once run everywhere is quite a
> little
> painful.
>
> Is there somebody who knows how to move these war archives from
> Tomcat  to
> Glassfish ?

I think Mohan said he had it running on Glassfish on the dev list,
see a posting from Nov  2, on JS2-804

> If you could just point me to the path to follow I will do the job
> myself no
> problem,
>
>  I just need some hints on what to do because I'm completely lost
> I've tried a lot of thing by myself without success including the
> foolish
> migration tool provided by sun (Migration Tool command throw exception
> saying insufficient disk space
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6307190 the bug
> state is
> "State Closed, will not be fixed"
>

> I tried a lot but my knowledge is not sufficient, any help will be
> really
> appreciated.
>

> Or do I have to try to build from source ? ( I didn't try because
> it will be
> much more painful I think because of all dependancies and so on...)

Shouldn't have to build from source, try the Ant installation
approach I suggested on -dev
I know it uses Tomcat, but then at least you can copy the same
procedures used with TOmcat to Glassfish
as we don't yet have a Glassfish installer