From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Preload OJB Persistent Layer at App Server Startup
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:27:22 GMT

On Nov 1, 2007, at 6:04 AM, Sie, Yang wrote:

> David,
>
> Thank you for your reply. I am ok with the utilizing Prefs. API
> part of
> it, let me think more on that. As far as where to run it, for
> discussion
> purpose and simply because we are using DBPageManager, I am thinking,
> from Jetspeed's point of view, to put it somewhere in the
> DatabasePageManagerCache. It there all cache got instantiated? Then
> what
> about for people using file system PageManager?

Well, I thought the preferences were identified as the performance
bottleneck
You may want to test using a File System PM and see if that helps
boost performance
I can see where the pages being read out of the database could be
slower than pulling them off the file system
So you would need a similar approach as outlined in the last email to
preload pages
I think you could simply use the PageManager API to make calls to
load the page, and it will load the cache
Of course you will need to adjust the cache eviction as well