From Woonsan Ko <woon_...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: cocoon and jetspeed-2 integration
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 10:45:05 GMT
Hi Alexander,

I think you can browse and test 'WebContent Portlet' in /demo portlet application of Jetspeed-2.
This portlet do some basic things to extract and convert other web pages.

If the portlet does not fit for your requirements, then I think you can choose one of the
followings:
(1) To improve the web content portlet. For example, you can adopt JTidy to use XSLT.
(2) To adopt CocoonPortlet and Cocoon web application.
    With Cocoon, I think you can use HTML Generator to extract XML documents from other web
pages
and XSL transformer to transform the contents.
    See http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/html-generator.html for HTML Generator, and
see
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/index.html for general understanding.

By the way, if you build a cocoon pages to generate/transform/serialize from other web pages,
then
you can use CocoonPortlet in Jetspeed-2 like the following after installing cocoon application:

    <fragment id="dp-20" type="portlet" name="cocoon::CocoonPortlet">
      <property name="row" value="8"/>
      <property name="column" value="0"/>
      <preference name="servlet-path" readOnly="true">
        <value>samples/blocks/portal/portlets/hello</value>
      </preference>
    </fragment>

The servlet-path preference above ('samples/blocks/portal/portlets/hello') is just a cocoon
url,
which can be used and tested in the client browser.

Development with Cocoon could be discussed in detail in the Cocoon mailing list.

HTH,

Woonsan